The resource will be engaged as a BA/PM hybrid working on the LIBOR Transition program within Global Banking (GB). She/he will report to the GBM LIBOR Transition – Americas Project Manager and coordinate efforts to work with the Lines of Business PMs and Stakeholders to help ensure a successful transition from U.S. dollar (USD) LIBOR to a more robust reference rate, its recommended alternative, the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR).
- Support for regional GB LIBOR transition working groups.
- Interfacing with business, control and support functions and IT stakeholders.
- Effective communication with other related workstreams (regional and global) to ensure information flows to and from these groups to ensure alignment and proper consideration.
- Facilitation for the management/tracking of the Americas plans and corresponding dependencies, RAID, and Working Group / Steering Committee Pack preparations.
- Analysis of regional systems and processes impacted by the LIBOR Programme.
Technical/Business Knowledge & Skills
- Knoweldge of front-to-back loan processing and risk management
- Understanding of Global Banking products and services.
- Knowledge of industry shift away from LIBOR and the effects to impacted products and services a plus
- Previous project management lead experience (at least 5+ person teams) in a tier 1 financial institutions
- Change Management experience is a must (specifically within a large-scale regulatory / change initiative)
- Must be able to engage the business, interact with senior stakeholders, participate in / facilitate meetings with senior stakeholders, gather requirements, manage project plans
- Ability to analyse and assess various data points on product exposures, contract inventory, model inventory, conduct risks, etc. and provide meaningful actions to move forward with, mitigating any observed risk.
- Ability to successfully navigate / operate in a high pressure environment
- Competency/experience with Microsoft tools, particularly Project, Excel, Power Point, and Word
Impact on the Business
- Responsibility for defining current and future state Operating Models for the Transition
- Supporting the definition of high-level requirements to satisfy business needs
- Responsibility for documenting detailed requirements for associated technical solutions to address the Operating Model optimization
- Responsibility for planning the solution delivery and managing dependencies
- Identify and remove barriers to project success. Always act in the company’s best interests and willing to openly discuss potentially difficult topics
- Responsibility for standardizing requirements cross product/LOB and across regional hubs, where possible, to ensure the alignment to an overarching strategic approach and avoidance of duplication
- Work closely with related Portfolio or Group teams to ensure alignment of the project with the wider change portfolio strategy.
- Creation of and/or ability to understand end-to-end process maps supporting requirements
- Other supporting activities within the project as required.
- Strengthen Stakeholder relationships. Use relationship management skills/tools to responsibly influence decisions and stakeholder advocacy
- Effectively engage customers, colleagues and stakeholders to build a trust-based relationship and deliver an organized and effective BA Service
- Support the identification of stakeholder goals and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and spoken) – comfortable with detail, comfortable with senior stakeholder engagement.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Motivate the broader team to focus on identifying the critical areas for change and offer the optimum long-term sustainable solution.
- Work with wider change team to collaboratively embed new processes and procedures.
- Lead by example – deal with others as one wants to be dealt with, exert discipline and focus in overcoming challenges.
- Cultivate a collaborative and cooperative attitude
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven fast learner
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Maintain Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Be aware of the operational risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Global Banking and Markets or Commercial Banking Experience
- Experience analyzing and documenting business processes
- Business Analysis skills gained in financial services environment
- Experience in change initiatives and an understanding of the full project life cycle
This job description is non-contractual and is intended only as a summary of your role and responsibilities from time to time. This document will be subject to review by you and your line manager as appropriate during the course of your employment.
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the company’s values and culture and adhering to risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of the company’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.